Seto Gumba (White Gumba) is a natural beauty along with religious importance. It is at Druk Amitabha Mountain. Surrounded by vivid terrain and lush green valley Seto Gumba gives us heavenly pleasure to watch sunrise and sunset.
The whole view (Birds eye point of view) of Kathmandu valley can be observed from here in the most spectacular way. If you are in search of excitement as well as calmness this is the right place that you deserved.
About Seto Gumba:
- Location: It is located on north-west little hill nearby Swoyambhunath stupa, in Kathmandu.
- It is filled with a rich Tibetan culture and architecture.
- Its murals, statues and paintings reflect the teaching and much more of Buddhism.
- One can get the smell, sounds and prayers flags that give the message of peace, patience and calmness.
- NRs 40 as a registration fee is required to enter.
- Well facilitated, clean and hygienic restaurants are available.
- If you are lucky and weather is clean, you can enjoy the views of the mountain range from here.
- It can be visited by visitors and tourist only on Saturday, rest of the days no one is allowed.
- You can hike up to the Gumba or you can take help of bikes and cars.
- A shuttle service by some drivers effort is also available from Ringroad to the Gumba at the fare of Rs. 40
- Its elevation is approx. 1450 m above sea level.
- It is the second best spot to view sunrise and sunset. (the first one is Nagarkot)
- Various kinds of meditation practice and teachings about Buddhism are available in it.
How Much Is The Entry Fee For Seto Gumba?
- Nrs 40.
How to get The Seto Gumba:
It is not so difficult to reach it. From any place of Kathmandu catch the bus of Ringroad and get dropped at Sita Paila. (Cost Rs. 40-50) Ask any person at Sita Paila , you will be easily guided to the Gumba.
Anyone interested on natural beauty and Buddhism should not miss this marvelous place. But, be sure to visit it only on Saturdays.
If You have ever visited this place then please write a comment below.